General Interface is packaged as a ZIP file and is available on the Developer Network.
Note that General Interface is not supported. However, developer forums are available at http://www.generalinterface.org/forums/. Please visit http://www.generalinterface.org for product information, tutorials, white papers, best practices documents, sample code, and developer forums.
To install General Interface, complete the following steps:
- Download a General Interface ZIP file from http://www.generalinterface.org such as the Debug build, gi-version-debug.zip.
Use the Debug build for application development. Use the Standard build or another customized build for better runtime performance at deployment time. See Release Builds.
|Microsoft's Attachment Manager might block the ZIP file and its contents. To unblock the ZIP file, follow these steps:
- Right-click the ZIP file, and click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Unblock. If you don't see this button, your file is not blocked and there's no need to unblock it. For more information, see General Interface Getting Started.
- Extract the files in the ZIP file to any location on your computer. The files are extracted to a folder of the following name: gi-version-debug/.
- Optional: Download General Interface documentation in PDF format from Developer Network at http://www.generalinterface.org.
- Continue to the General Interface Getting Started Guide.